Monday 26 January 2009

sea legs and violence...

This weekend saw the return of the Benfleet Boys on board the Elizabethan...and a moment of all too common street violence.
Myself and one of my oldest and dearest pals Mr Simon 'Stretch' Foster threw down a short but perfectly formed set while sailing soulfully up Old Father Thames on Saturday night, the occasion was the wedding of Natalie and Oliver and the reception on the luxurious paddle steamer was a top night...on disembarking me and my good lady travelled further southward to the home of the Furzers..here we quaffed whisky and brought the world to rights before sleeps dark vail covered us all.In the morning a hearty breakfast(Norwegian salmon and scrambled eggs) was indulged in and quality time was spent with the side grinning Dylan(a three month old bundle of joy).
Still coping with a slight hangover we traversed northward using the landmarks to guide us and as the rain lashed down we stopped on the Holloway road to purchase crisps,ginger beer and other pain curing accoutrement's.
After turning the key in the lock and slipping into my leisure wear I put the kettle on grazed on snacks, cheese and fizzy pop til I felt ill,then came the nausea that was the second installment of the double derby week and to save you from a match report lets just say it was a draw..
Night fell and as my wife settled down to watch the puke fest that is lark rise to crappyfeltch I went online, only to find that on his way home Si had been mugged at chisel point by some cowardly shithouse only minutes from his home,phone,cash and records were robbed but thankfully Si is OK..Maybe now people will now start to buy into my Taser Tsar idea.(a pub concept that involves me armed with a Taser patrolling the streets punishing the law breakers 'shocking results')
Anyway another weekend in the smoke came to an end...and as ever it was chocker full of ups n downs....
Dr Johnson was never so right!

1 comment:

THE BONES BRIGADE said...

they may take my posessions but theyll never break my spirit :)