Thursday 30 October 2008

wearing away the rug...

My wife has seen me do many strange things,the fact that she still is my wife after many
of these peculiar events is the main reason i love her so much...
But on Saturday she witnessed the full range of ticks and twitches that come hand in hand with
listening to my second love Everton football club.The mighty toffeemen where playing Manchester United at the glorious Goodison Park(scatter me there).Goodison has already been earmarked as my first born's middle name!
Anyway for 90 long minutes i paced our tiny north London flat,the full theater of the game filling every square inch of our heavily mortgaged haven.my hands clutching and grasping thin air,my
brain full of the commentators words and descriptions of my beloved teams apparent failings in mid-field.
Then BANG we go 1nil down.
My heart sinks my hands miss the once sweet refuge of the cigarette,and i put the kettle on.
Half time comes and goes and Everton push forward finally looking like the team of last season,
and just when the muscles of my body where at full spasm,we SCORE....................................
And this is why we become so enthralled this moment,this elation, this relief.
A new Gwladys Street hero is born and hes 15 million quids worth of implausibly curly haired
Belgian!
Marouane Fellaini
I LOVE YOU!!!

No comments: