Wednesday 15 October 2008

The art of shoe

Bass Weejuns,desert boots,brothel creepers,Trickers,biker boots,deck shoes......
These are all design classics the clutter up my wardrobe like a homage to Imelda Marcos.
I love shoes.
I'm from the school of thought that jackets,coats and shoes maketh the man.A standard t-shirt and a decent pair of selvage jeans can be automatically and stylistically transformed by for example a Crombie and a pair of tan trickers,or a Harrington and a talc dusted pair of desert boots,shoes are the full stop the statement of intent they say so much about where you are at and where you are going.A biker boot with a pin rolled turn up and a vintage MA-1 bomber jacket has a menace a rock n roll edge of classic rebellion,but in my case with my bald noggin and handlebar tash it gives me all the menace of a Compton Street cruiser.Still we all have a cross to bare.On the other side we have the summer gentrification of the Daks linen jacket Levis double x's and a deck shoe,all these looks are a tad cliche i admit but they are all looks i "rock" along with the aging mod,country gent,and 40's bin man.Why this chameleon personality crisis?
Probably because I have some sort of commitment issues or a inability to be original or maybe just maybe its because I love shoes!

No comments: