Monday 27 April 2009

A wasted youth and a new start....

Last week I had to make a visit to my GP....
....and no I didn't get some exotic sex rash while my wife was away....
The nearest I got to an extra marital liaison was the almost unnatural relationship I formed 
with my PS3....
Anyway after several weeks of coping with a aching knee..I had to admit defeat and book in at the lush and very friendly Highgate Surgery..my doc "du jour" Dr Taylor then told me the bad news...
"Mr Price you have........
......housemaids knee"
Well if that ain't the most Rock n Roll ailment a man could have...
A lumpy lump full of fluid that is brought on by excess kneeling...
The downside of tiling...
So here I stand at the job search junction,a 32 year old tiler who cant tile floors and has trained for nothing else due to the fact I spent a very sizable chunk of my life being a "man about town".
In my case this term is just a way of me trying to make years of drinking,looking stupid and believing that one day I would be "discovered" sound like something Byronic and glamorous...It was glamorous sometimes and if I had a pound for every C-list no mark I'd met...I'd be at least £20 better of than I am now.
But in reality it could be seen as a waste of time.....
Anecdotes don't pay the bills...

And now the hunt begins,for a new job, something that will not demean too much and not involve kneeling... 
Make up your own punchlines to that one...
Wish me luck...




No comments: