Monday 20 April 2009

Gold Dust...



Alot has happened since my last post....my wife left for New Zealand(not for ever),I've questioned my sanity and my beloved Everton have done the impossible and reached the F.A cup final...

Lets start with the events of yesterday,from the minute I awoke my stomach churned as if I had ate a late night street hot dog, that had been kept company by eight pints of Stella,this couldn't have been further from the truth...the previous night had been all salad and early nights,so the rumblin and grumblin guts was put down to pure nervousness.I showered, put on my lucky Jagielka number 6 away shirt and sat down to a hearty breakfast of tea and bacon butty...the build up on the sports channels had started and so it began.Little did I know that the day would end with such undiluted joy and so the hours that led up to the match itself were hard..I even found myself after years of being a non-smoker rummaging around in the kitchen draws to find my wife's emergency fags..

And so it came to pass after several pots of tea and a few very unpleasant dry Marlboro lights.. as I hid in the hallway peeking at the TV from an obtuse angle...Everton won....It may have been a scrappy game that will be remembered for the Man Utd team selection and the penalty that never was...and armchair glory hunters who only watch the 4-4 games(and live for 606 with Alan Green) have called it turgid...but us Blues don't care,we out sung Utd even if we didn't outplay them and with all the former players scattered around the ground it just goes to show that once you've played for the toffeemen its never leaves you..

Sir Alex can moan all he wants this morning about the playing surface and the mind games (pot and kettle springs to mind) and the phone in's can chime with all the usual drivel...but all that matters is we are in the final, with a good chance to claim a trophy both that Moyes and the fans deserve.Once again the performance of Rodwell was a great positive and the comeback of Vaughan means we now have a first choice striker selection problem which is something that must seem odd to the manager...Jags and Lescott were immense as ever and to see the former blade bury the winning pen was something that seemed written..after all he's been our best player for the last year.In general we were not at our best,and we will have to be to beat the ever improving Chelsea,but I'm learning this season that anything is possible so fingers crossed...

No comments: