Wednesday 1 April 2009

its been ages....

That's right I'm back...its been a long time since my last post..and to be honest its been due to ill-discipline and that dreaded work thingy...I've also been preparing myself for the three weeks of solace that will commence on Sunday as my beloved wife hops on a plane to New Zealand.
Shes taking a long overdue trip back to see her family,but as we are both feeling the affects of the phantom crunch..I cant afford to go with her...Bugger!
Being a attention seeking idiot,three weeks on my own is going to be hard...sometimes my other half must feel like a therapist...(she saves me a fortune)
So I'm making sure that I'm busy and out n about..I'm going be down in the motherland (Essex)
grafting with my dad..and doing lots of fresh air strolling..kept company by a few audio books.
The bike may even get a dust off and the lucky people of north London may get to see my pained red face hurtling towards them..its all happening..
The one thing I've got to keep in check while on my own is the comforting lure of the pub..
it would be all too easy to find great comfort in the bosom of the Wit n Cat,the bar snacks,light and lager and the tattered upholstery can lift the load and soothe the soul of a lonely man like me with great ease...
So as April unfolds, for me its a tale of moderation,keeping the grey matter busy and long distance phone calls at ungodly times of day...
This month also includes the biggest game in a while for Everton FC.The F.A cup semi against
Man Utd...If by some act of god or stroke of luck we win...the idea of moderation will be out the window!
If we win... you will hear me...and probably see me on the news..
So off I pop to do stuff of a important nature( put the kettle on)
But it wont be long til I return with more interesting things to say...I promise...

No comments: